Maine Hockey Journal

The Red Riots and the Bulldogs win

Portland, Me– The line of Josh Cobb, Nick Fornwalt, and Aidan Boyce gave South Portland the 4-2 win over Cheverus. Josh Cobb had a hat trick and an assist. Fornwalt had a goal and two assists. Boyce had three assists. Dominic Desjardins 20 saves in the victory.

Just past the six minute mark of the first, freshman Tyler Bishop scored when Desjardins couldn’t control the rebound. Kyle Bourassa and Matt Rague tallied the assists. The Red Riots knotted the game at 1 when Cobb found the back of the net for his first of the night.

At the 4:51 mark of the second, Nick Fornwalt gave South Portland the lead. Cobb got one assist and Boyce tallied his second assists of the night. 23 seconds later, Cobb gave the Red Riots a two goal cushion.

Tyler Bishop got the Stags within one when Desjardins couldn’t cover the puck. Bishop flipped it over him. With three seconds left in the Stags powerplay, Josh Cobb intercepted the puck and fired a wrister past Ryan McQuaid with 2:43 remaining. McQuaid made 21 saves in the losing effort.


Portland, Me– The Portland Bulldogs ran over the Deering Rams 11-2. Brian Watson, Jason Knight, Branson Guimond each had two goals. Nick Sterling made 10 saves in the victory. Travis Wade and Chris Quattrucci were the goal scorers for the Rams.

The Bulldogs got on the board first at the 2:30 mark. At the 4:12 mark, Brian Watson gave the Bulldogs the 2-0 lead. With 2:36 left in the stanza, Edward Apon gave the Bulldogs the 3-0 lead. Jason Knight stretched the lead to 4-0 with 74 seconds remaining.

Travis Wade got the deficit back to three at the 4:52 mark. 59 seconds later, Bronson Guimond got Portland’s fifth goal. Guimond would get his second goal on the powerplay with 2:45 remaining. With time winding down, Kirk Jurgelevich gave Portland the 7-1 leading heading to the third. The goal came with 12 seconds to go.

Just 33 seconds into the third, Brian Watson tallied his second of the game. With 11:26 to go, Jason Knight also got his second of the game. Four minutes later, Scott Briggs lit the lamp. 54 seconds later Ater Ater got the Bulldogs final goal. Quattrucci caught Sterling off guard with a blast from the blue line to give the Rams their second goal.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply